Democracy in Action
Belmont Parliament members are elected to represent the pupils in their class. All classes learn about the process of elections and take part in voting for their chosen representative. This is part of Belmont's commitment to promoting British Values and the children's understanding of democracy. They are involved in helping the leadership team in the school make important decisions. Their first job is to decide on their priorities for the year and to create a pledge for the school.
Young Leadership at Belmont
At Belmont, our pupils are encouraged to take on roles of responsibility throughout their time at the school. In Year 6, pupils are selected to become Captains:
At Belmont, we encourage our pupils to develop a responsible attitude to sustainable travel and road safety.
Our JTAs work with partners from the Local Authority to ensure that all pupils at Belmont have the opportunity to participate in activities to enable them to travel safely.
The JTAs for 2021-2022 are:
- To encourage green and sustainable travel through Walk on Wednesday
- To reduce the amount of traffic around the school by promoting Park and Stride
- To encourage and monitor safe use of bikes and scooters
- To develop road safety awareness and skills through Walkability and Cycling Proficiency schemes
- To raise awareness of road safety by promoting; Be Safe. Be Seen.
Park and Stride
The JRSOs have worked with Bexley Council to identify roads in our Park and Stride initiative. This covers 2 zones where parents can park and be within a 5 or 10 minute walking distance from the school. Please click here for more information on the Park and Stride initiative.